Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Ballet
Pointe Shoes & Clothes
-A pointe shoe is a type of shoe worn by ballet dancers when performing pointe work.
-Developed to appear weightless and seem like you are floating.
- They are normally worn by female dancers
What do you wear?
-Leotard and Stockings
-Hair in bun, and off your face.
-Flats, Demi-pointes, and Pointe shoes.
-Shows, depending on what you are.
-The purpose of the barre is to warm up your body.
-To prepare you for new movements that you will learn when you move up a grade.
-To stretch your limbs.
-To strengthen your muscles
-Consist of Port de bra, (carriage of the arms).
-Pirouette's, en dehors turning outwards toward the back leg, but can also be en dedans
-Adage, means "slowly".
-Allegor, Meaning brisk, lively.
- Dance was a
form of entertainment around the 17 century.
-The origins of ballet can be traced
back to the Renaissance period and the early court dances in
France and Italy.
-Any celebratory occasion, such as the birth of an heir or an influential marriage would call for social court
Early Court Dancer
Pre Romantic Era
-Previously, ballet was almost exclusively performed by males.
- It was during the pre-romantic era that ballerinas first started dancing on the very tips of their toes, or en pointe.
- First dancer to dance en pointe is the Italian Marie Taglioni, (1804-1884).
- In 1832 Marie Taglioni's father choreographed a ballet for her.
- La Sylphide
By Tiara Beazley
- The court dances became more detailed and complicated .
-Special dance instructors or “Ballet
Masters” began to appear.
- They also served as dance makers or choreographers, creating dances.
- King Louis XIV created ballet.
-In fact, King Louis XIV is commonly referred to as the Sun King.
-Le Ballet de la Nuit
(The Ballet of the Night)
King Louis XIV
-The box is a hard enclosure within the front end of the shoe.
- The front end of the box is flattened so to form a platform which the dancer can balance.
-The box is typically made from tightly packed layers of paper and fabric that have been glued together
-When the glue dries, it becomes hard and provides the required stiffness.
-Strengthening your feet with exercises.
-Making sure your shoes fit perfectly.
-Sewing your ribbons.
-Breaking your shoes, the right way.
-How long do they last?
Your Pointe Shoes