Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Emoticons
To improve the English vocabulary through the use of emoticons in 1st grade students of CENTRO ESCOLAR DOLORES SOUZA, CIUDAD DE SAN MIGUEL.
Use images of Emoticons to increase vocabulary in 1st grade students of CENTRO ESCOLAR DOLORES SOUZA, CIUDAD DE SAN MIGUEL
The use of Emoticons improves English vocabulary in 1st Grade Students of CENTRO ESCOLAR DOLORES SAUZA CIUDAD DE SAN MIGUEL.
USE OF EMOTICONS
The target population for the research consist of a total of 40 students attending First Grade of Centro Escolar Dolores Souza de la Ciudad de San Miguel.
The sample is composed by 40 students of first grade. The 40 students participating in this study represent the total number of primary School’s students at Centro Escolar Dolores Souza, San Miguel
* It proved necessary to use emoticons to children increase their vocabulary so easy and fun.
* It is recommended for students to use emoticons to represent emotions or feelings and make an imitation of them.
Would the use of emoticons improve English vocabulary in first grade students of Centro Escolar Dolores Sousa in San MIguel city?
The emotions always has been present since years ago but the people hasn’t showed interest in order to apply it a teaching of learning; our purpose basically is to teach vocabulary through the emoticons expression with them ideas of emotion, feeling, action verbs and occupation.
If you use the visual style, you prefer using images, pictures, colors, and maps to organize information and communicate with others. You can easily visualize objects, plans and outcomes in your mind's eye. You also have a good spatial sense, which gives you a good sense of direction
The images of emoticons help first grade Students to increase English vocabulary
The emoticons are often automatically replaced with small corresponding images, which came to be called emoticons as well. Emoticons for a smiley face :-) and sad faces :-( appear in the first documented use in digital form.
Can be traced back to the 19th century, and they were commonly used in casual and humorous writing. Digital forms of emoticons on the Internet were included in a proposal by Scott Fahlman of Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, in a message on 19 September 1982
Vocabulary knowledge at early ages is a significant predictor of reading comprehension in the middle and secondary grades.
An equal sign is often used for the eyes in place of the colon, seen as =), without changing the meaning of the emoticon
Learn through listening. They learn best through verbal lectures, discussions, talking things through and listening to what others have to say.
Auditory learners interpret the underlying meanings of speech through listening to tone of voice
1. IDENTIFY THE PROBLEM
2. COLLECTING DATA
3. ANALYSIS OF DATA
4. COURSE OF ACTION
5. OUTCOME ADN REPORTING
Convenience Sampling Method
The procedure to select the sample was non- random.
Our research project focused on learning the English language using the emoticons in the freshman class considering population this level for our research and we believe that from the earliest years of life the child can acquire more ease another language or to acquire a new vocabulary stranger right through the emoticons as these are helpful so the teacher can make use of the image and the word in English in this case and the child can associate the image action being performed and therefore its pronunciation with the help of the teacher.
* It is recommended for the University to update their technological skills to fulfill student´s demands at the time of applying or expanding the use of emoticons.
* It is necessary and recommended to apply this kind of technological tool to motivate students to break their psychological barriers to learn new vocabulary.
* Teachers should use emoticons with different purpose to help the student to develop vocabulary.
* It is recommended for teacher to update their technological skills to fulfill student´s demands at the time of applying vocabulary using emoticons.
UNIVERSIDAD DE ORIENTE
SCHOOL OF ARTS AND SCIENCES
IMPROVING ENGLISH VOCABULARY THROUGH THE USE OF EMOTICONS IN FIRST GRADE STUDENTS OF PRIMARY SCHOOL AT CENTRO ESCOLAR DOLORES SOUZA, SAN MIGUEL
FLORES BLANCO, CRISSIA DEL CARMEN
GUEVARA GARCIA, AIDA YAMILETH
JIMENEZ MAYORGA, ANA BEATRIZ
HERNANDEZ HERNANDEZ, ERODITA GERTRUDIS
ACOSTA, YOHANA MARICELA
LIC. MAURICIO ANTONIO LÓPEZ CHINCHILLA
THE USE OF EMOTICONS
Instruments for Collecting Data