Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Under Imperial Spain
Transcript of Under Imperial Spain
East meets West
> "Everything depended on it, even the dreams of the fifteenth century explorer."
> 1st country to use innovation in seamanship and boatbuilding.
> 1451-1470, they discovered and colonized all the islands of Azores in the Atlantic.
> 2 of her interpid explorers had reached the southern most end of Africa, and later to India.
> Winning the race to the wealth and spices of the East.
> made a land fall in Guanahi island in October 1492.
> coast of Cuba.
king John of Portugal
Pope Alexander VI
Pope from Valencia
> Issued the "INTER CAETERA "and "EXIMIAE DEVOTIONIS"
> 100 leagues ( one Spanish legua = 5.57 kilometers) fron Spain, west of Cape Verde Islands.
EAST -------> PORTUGAL
WEST -------> SPAIN
TREATY OF TORDISILLAS
* Partitioned the non-christian world into 2 spheres on influence.
*New world to Spain while Africa and India were reserved only for Portugal.
* Demarcation line 370 leagues farther west.
*Assigning Brazil to Portugal.
March 16, 1521
Died :April 17, 1521
Juan Debastian del Cano