Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Under Imperial Spain
Transcript of Under Imperial Spain
East meets West
> "Everything depended on it, even the dreams of the fifteenth century explorer."
> 1st country to use innovation in seamanship and boatbuilding.
> 1451-1470, they discovered and colonized all the islands of Azores in the Atlantic.
> 2 of her interpid explorers had reached the southern most end of Africa, and later to India.
> Winning the race to the wealth and spices of the East.
> made a land fall in Guanahi island in October 1492.
> coast of Cuba.
king John of Portugal
Pope Alexander VI
Pope from Valencia
> Issued the "INTER CAETERA "and "EXIMIAE DEVOTIONIS"
> 100 leagues ( one Spanish legua = 5.57 kilometers) fron Spain, west of Cape Verde Islands.
EAST -------> PORTUGAL
WEST -------> SPAIN
TREATY OF TORDISILLAS
* Partitioned the non-christian world into 2 spheres on influence.
*New world to Spain while Africa and India were reserved only for Portugal.
* Demarcation line 370 leagues farther west.
*Assigning Brazil to Portugal.
March 16, 1521
Died :April 17, 1521
Juan Debastian del Cano