Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Dynamic Earth Project
Transcript of Dynamic Earth Project
What is the theory that Earth's outer shell is divided into several plates that glide over the mantle ?
What theory did Alfred Wegener propose?
From the deepest ocean trench to the tallest mountain, _________ _____ explains the features and movement of Earth's surface in the present and the past.
The theory of ______ ______itself says that the Earth's lithosphere is made up individual plates that are broken down into over a dozen large and small pieces of solid rock.
Dynamic Earth Project
Different Uses Key
by Randal Cheng
Mars and Earth
-Mars is filled with rocky surfaces and craters
-same amount of land and surface area
-like Earth, scientists has discovered a dried water passage on its surface
-both planets have sustained polar caps which help them to keep cool atmosphere
-both have the same basic elements needed for life including oxygen, soil, carbon, and nitrogen
-temperature is similar
- plenty of iron
-similar force of gravity
The answer for all of the questions is Plate Tectonics
Mid Ocean Ridges
Deep Ocean Trenches
1. I think that a possibility is that a huge flood like Noah's flood was all around Antarctica and due to cold weather, most of the water in the Noah's flood was turned to ice after the flood.
A long, seismically active submarine ridge system situated in the middle of an ocean basin and marking the site of the upwelling of magma associated with sea-floor spreading
Three possibilities why there is a mountain range 3km below the ice of Antartica.
A mountain or hill, typically conical, having a crater or vent through which lava, rock fragments, hot vapour, and gas are or have been erupted from the earth's crust.
A sudden violent shaking of the ground, typically causing great destruction, as a result of movements within the earth's crust or volcanic action
A large natural elevation of the earth's surface rising abruptly from the surrounding level; a large steep hill
The oceanic trenches are hemispheric-scale long but narrow topographic depressions of the sea floor
2. I also think that another possibility is that there are many tsunamis heading towards Antarctica (series of tsunamis) and the water of the tsunamis were left on Antarctica and over a long time, Antarctica was filled with layers of ice made by the tsunamis.
Young Earth Creationism Theory:
This theory says that Earth is about 6,000 years old. It was stated that God created the Earth in 6 days and rested on the seventh day. The days were 24 hour days. Then according to the years the people lived on the earth, they calculated about 6000 to 10000 years. This was the result of all the calculations.
3. Another possibility is that long time ago, there was a mountain range but through time, floods flooded it and freezes.
Old Earth Creationism Theory:
This theory says that the earth is about 4.6 billion years old! It was according that the so called "days" that God created Earth were not 24 hour days but really long "days."
Double Earth Creationism Theory:
This combined theory is that God really created the Earth in 6 days and between the days, There may be a large gap between the days and may have lasted about a few billions of years. Then we (humans) have lived on the earth for about 6,000 - 10,000 years.
Understanding Question Key
Applying Different Uses Key