Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Apple Land Activity
Transcript of Apple Land Activity
Use an apple and a knife to complete the following steps and discover how much usable farmland we have on earth.
What you have left is now suitable for growing crops.
But... agriculture only takes place on the surface of the earth in a topsoil layer approximately 1 m thick.
Carefully slice off the peel of the piece you have left.
DESERTS, MOUNTAINS, POLAR REGIONS
THIS IS IT!
3/4 of the earth is water.
1/4 of the earth is land.
1/2 of all land is not suitable for humans to live.
This land includes deserts, mountains, and polar regions.
3/4 of all habitable land is not suitable for agriculture.
This land is used for cities/urban places, highways, or has poor soil/climate.
THE BIG PICTURE
Thank you for visiting this Prezi!
Please visit teacherspayteachers.com to see other products I have created, including a student handout and additional activities based on this presentation.
This product is for educational use only.
Images within this document have been purchased on shutterstock.com.