Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Writing a Research Paper
Transcript of Writing a Research Paper
Writing the Paper
Cause and effect
Order of Importance
a comprehensive piece of writing
that has a clear focus on one topic
Interests the writer
Is neither too broad nor too narrow
Focused on specific idea
The focus of the paper
Stated in the first paragraph
The body of the paper explains and supports the thesis
After you collect information:
- Create note cards
- Place note cards into like groupings
- Gather notes and create an outline
- Group notes according to information
- Once you have a thesis statment remove unnecessary notes
Make sure sources are:
use .gov, .org and .edu domains
When researching keep track of all sources
Create note cards
Source: Author & title (page #) (topic)
Write one (and only one) idea on each index card.
Add the most relevant supporting details.
Make sure to copy quotes accurately.
Make bibliography cards
Record the bibliography information for every source from which you take a note.
Make one unique card for each source.