Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of FRACTIONS!
What is a fraction?
The numerator, the top number, tells how many equal parts are being considered.
names parts of a whole or part of a group.
The denominator, the bottom number, tells how many equal parts in the whole or group.
Jamie brought a batch of pies to a potluck dinner. Each pie was cut into 6 equal pieces. After dinner, there were 3 5/6 pies left over. What is 3 5/6 as an improper fraction?
I know this because 3x6=18 and 18+5=23, so,23 is your numerator and 6 is your denominator.
Created by: Emily Roberts and Hayley Wethington
A mixed number is a whole number and a proper fraction combined.
Thank you for your time watching this prezi!
Have a GREAAAAT DAY!
because at Taylorsville we're GREAT!
How to convert a mixed number into an improper fraction
as an improper fraction is