Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Jakobson’s functions of language
Transcript of Jakobson’s functions of language
It is concerned on the:
It is the medium in which communication occurs.
The Metalingual Function
It is associated with the:
Contact factor (channel)
Is language for the sake of interaction
The phatic Function
focuses on the:
Sees the code itself, and how it is used and is the operative function (form) in poetry as well as slogans, jokes, metaphors and others.
The poetic Function
It is best illustrated by vocatives and imperatives
The conative Function
relates to the :
Stress the addresser’s response to a given situation arisen in the context
The emotive Function
corresponds to the factor of:
Describes a situation, object or mental state.
The referential Function