Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of BEACH RECLAMATION
~SEASONAL STORMS AND HURRICANES
~ HUMAN ACTIVITY INTERFERING BEACHES In what ways are beaches effected? How do humans effect beaches? - Channel dredging with offshore disposal of dredged material -Jetty construction -Shoreline structures -Damming of rivers Jetties are long narrow barriers, often made of rock, which prevent waves, from washing sand into harbors. They stop beach erosion. What are Jetties? What are sea walls? Sea walls are vertical or near vertical shore parallel structures designed to prevent upland erosion and storm surge flooding HEAR IS A VIDEO ON WHY YOU SHOULD SVAE BEACHES http://www.onetruemedia.com/otm_site/auth_dvd?work_id=18451002 Beach nourishment is a process by which sand is lost through long-shore drift or erosion is replaced from sources outside the eroding beach. What is beach nourishment?