Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Expedition - Cells: The Building Blocks of Life
Transcript of Expedition - Cells: The Building Blocks of Life
We will also learn about the
, a catastrophic nuclear accident that occurred on April 26, 1986, at the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant in Ukraine.
We will learn about the
of Hiroshima and Nagasaki at the end of World War II...
Three Mile Island
- the location of an accident that occurred in 1979 in a nuclear power plant in Pennsylvania - will also be studied.
Social Studies - Quarter 3
Mr. Pestana's Sixth Grade Social Studies Class
Get ready to think about the following question...
To what extent
are we in control
of our future?
To help us answer this
essential question, we will
read a variety of texts this trimester, including "Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes" by Eleanor Coerr.
(It is 65 pages long, in case you were wondering.)
Last, we will return to Japan and explore
, the site of a
serious nuclear power station accident following an earthquake and tsunami in 2011.
All of this will help prepare us for our final project, which will be to create your own Prezi about the causes of cancer rates in New England (and how they compare to places that have experienced nuclear disaster) and come up with a plan to address these concerns.
I will help you every step of the way as we explore answers to one of life's biggest questions.
So grab your pencil, and let's get started!!!