Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Son By Lois Lowry
Transcript of Son By Lois Lowry
BY:Lois Lowry Theme: Love and Sacrifice Author of:
- The Giver Series
- The Anastasia series
- The Sam series
- The Tates series
- The Gooney Bird series
- And many others... Lois Lowry -Birthmother
-Doesn't take the pills
-Feels deep emotion for #36
-Tries to help take care of #36
-Left the community
-Loses all of her memory
-Loses her youth
-Watches over Gabe for 7 years Water Claire Setting -
- A new village where Claire was found after the shipwreck. Part 2: Between - Claire did everything she could for her child that she loved,which was taken away from her.
- She ran away from her community to find him.
- She sacrificed her youth to find him. "They called her Water Claire. Claire had a son. But what became of him she never knew. What was his name? Was he even alive? Now Claire will stop at nothing to find her child, even if it means making an unimaginable sacrifice." - Barnes and Noble summery of Son - Born in Honolulu, Hawaii on March 20, 1937.
- Published her first book in 1977 when she was 40 years old.
- She has won two Newbery Medals (Number the Stars and The Giver) Lowry is known for writing about controversial topics. Gabe - Claire's son
- "Veers" into people's bodies
- Build's a boat to paddle
down a river to try to find
his real family.
- Overcomes his fears and
defeats Trademaster Alys and Einar -Alys teaches and watches over Claire
-Einar trained Claire to climb out of the village Part 1: Before Setting -
- Jonas's new village
- 7 years after Claire made her trade Part 3: Beyond Setting -
- The Community
- Two years after Claire's ceremony of Twelve
- Around the time Jonas leaves the community Plot -
-Something goes wrong and Claire gets reassigned to Fish Hatchery
-She volunteers at the Nurturing Center in her free time to be close to #36
-Jonas leaves the community with #36
-Claire gets on the cargo ship.
-It sails away from the community and gets caught in a storm at sea. Plot -
- Claire was found on a beach.
- Claire lost her memory.
- She lives with Alys.
- Claire remembers her son.
- She became sad as she helped mothers with their children in the village.
- Einar tells Claire that there was a man that could help her find her son and he helps her train to climb out of the village.
- Claire meets the Trademaster, but has nothing to trade.
- She trades her youth and beauty for her son. Plot -
-Gabe makes a boat to leave the village and find his family.
-He keeps seeing an old women watching him while he works.
-Claire knows she is about to die, so she tells Jonas her story.
-Jonas tells Gabe that Claire is his mother and is dieing and the only way to save her is to kill Trademaster.
-Gabe faces Trademaster. He overcomes his fears and uses his powers to defeat Trademaster.
-Claire gets her youth back and her son. Theme Statement: We should try our hardest to make sacrifices for the people we love.
Love will always over come evil.