Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Management Information system
Transcript of Management Information system
Management Information System (MIS) provides information for the managerial activities in an organization. The main purpose of this research is, MIS provides accurate and timely information necessary to facilitate the decision-making process and enable the organizations planning, control, and operational functions to be carried out effectively.
Management Information System (MIS) is basically concerned with processing data into information and is then communicated to the various Departments in an organization for appropriate decision-making.
MIS in Educational Sector
Various types of MIS
MIS is a subset of the overall planning and control activities covering the application of humans, technologies, and procedures of the organization. Within the field of scientific management, MIS is most of ten tailored to the automation or support of human decision making.
As organizations grow, MIS allows information to move between functional areas and departments instantly, reducing the need for face-to-face communications among employees, thus increasing the responsiveness of the organization.
Components of MIS
University Information System
Library Information System
Financial Information system
Faculty Information System
Student Information System
Aim of MIS
At the right time
To the right person
At the right place
In the right form
At the right cost
Transaction processing systems :
Management information systems (MIS), per se, produce fixed, regularly scheduled reports based on data extracted and summarized from the firm’s underlying transaction processing systems to middle and operational level managers to identify and inform structured and semi-structured decision problems.
Decision support systems (DSS):
These are computer program applications used by middle management to compile information from a wide range of sources to support problem solving and decision making.
Executive information systems (EIS):
This is a reporting tool that provides quick access to summarized reports coming from all company levels and departments such as accounting, human resources and operations.
Marketing information systems :
are MIS designed specifically for managing the marketing aspects of the business.
Office automation systems (OAS):
This supports communication and productivity in the enterprise by automating work flow and eliminating bottlenecks. OAS may be implemented at any and all levels of management.
School management information systems (MIS):
These cover school administration,and often including teaching and learning materials.
Requires complex technological application
Lack of knowledge among employees
Not an option for every company because of its organization environment and culture
1. Companies are able to highlight their strengths and weaknesses due to the presence of revenue reports, employees' performance record etc. The identification of these aspects can help the company improve their business processes and operations.
2. Giving an overall picture of the company and acting as a communication and planning tool.
3. The availability of the customer data and feedback can help the company to align their business processes according to the needs of the customers. The effective management of customer data can help the company to perform direct marketing and promotion activities.
4. Information is considered to be an important asset for any company in the modern competitive world. The consumer buying trends and behaviors can be predicted by the analysis of sales and revenue reports from each operating region of the company.