Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Football
Did You Know???
rules of the NFL
* Soft leather helmets called "head hardness" worn far back in the 1900s.
*Early NFL players wore no football helmets.
*Leather helmets made to protect the ears and difficult to communicate.
* 1920s and 1930s harder leather and added cushion and a teardrop shape.
* As helmets improved
*1960s to present undergone changes to increase their ability to absorb impact.
*Shoulder pads become more popular in the 1950s.
*1960s hard plastic replaced leather, improved protection against shoulder and rib damage.
*1890s the pants are made of tough canvas material.
* The older pants didn't have much padding in them.
*The jerseys were like normal shirts with your numbers and maybe your name.
: When a football player on the offense moves just prior to the snap. This is a five yard penalty.
: When a player grabs a football player without the ball with the hands or hooks him or tackles him.
: To protect the football players, it is illegal to grab another player's facemask.
: When the passer throws a pass nowhere near an eligible receiver strictly to avoid being sacked.
: If a player from the offense or defense is on the wrong side of the line of scrimmage at the time of the snap. A defensive player can cross the line of scrimmage as long as they get back before the snap, but if they touch an offensive player they can be called for encroachment.
Roughing the Passer or Kicker
: To protect kickers and quarterbacks, who are very vulnerable when they are passing or kicking the ball, players are not allowed to run into them after the ball has been thrown or kicked.
Thursday, April 17, 2014
Success in his Career
The Science Part Of Football
Football is a game of mass , momentum , and collisions.
The third round pick in the '79 draft
He was the starting quarterback for the 49ers and assisted them in a super bowl victory in '81
Won MVP for his showing in the NFL championship game and received his third by 1990
Montana threw the super bowl record (331 yards)
Completed 24 out of 35 passes during a single super bowl game
Threw the super bowl record of 331 yards
Threw 11 TDs and 0 interceptions in those four super bowl games.
Won the Offensive player of the Year award in ’89, and Comeback Player of the Year award in ’86
Won four championships with the 49ers
Montana was inducted into the pro hall of fame in 2000
The Comback Kid retired in 1995
He finished his last two years with the Kansas City Chiefs
Larger Running Backs use Mass to gain Momentum , whereas Running Backs with quickness and mass use evasive techniques and try to power through their oppositions.
Mass , velocity , inertia , friction , and many other scientific factors are contingent to Football.
Acceleration plays a key role within the NFL.
Wind resistance is form once the Football is thrown with the Gyroscopic effect.
Crouching low requires balance around the center of gravity .
-A football will travel with stability when thrown with a strong spin.
-Acceleration is the rate of change of velocity
* NFL Cheerleaders only get paid 50$ a game.
* Larry Izzo of New England
Patriots once defecated on the
sideline and got the game ball for his
trouble because he did it without anyone
* NFL is considered a non-profit orginazation and does not pay any taxes.
* It takes 3,000 cows to supply the NFL with enough leather for a year's supply of footballs.
* NFL players have been fined up to 5,000$ for giving a game ball to a fan.
* The Pittsburgh Steelers were the first NFL team to have cheerleaders.
* Decended from an anciant Greek game of "Harpaston".
*Henry II and Henry IV banned footabll.
*Believed to be originated from England in the 12th centry.
*Birth date of football was November 6,1869.
* In 1876, a coach named Walter Camp helped produce the first rules of American football.
* 1920 the National Football league wqas formed.
* Originated in North America.
* Walter Camp known as the "Father of American Football".
* Other elete Northeastern colleges took up the sport in 1870s.