Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Myth of Icarus
Transcript of The Myth of Icarus
Artistic Interpretations of an Archetype
reflections on themes
These are only a few of the many interpretations of this myth that have been created over the centuries. In your opinion, why does this story inspire artists regardless of the time period?
Select two interpretations of the Icarus story from this presentation. Compare and contrast them, paying special attention to artistic choices. What did the artist emphasize about the myth, and what stylistic techniques did he or she use to convey the theme?
reflections on the pieces
"The Lament for Icarus" Henry Draper, 1898
"The Fall of Icarus," Marc Chagall, 1975
"The Fall of Icarus," Peter Paul Rubens, 1636
"Daedalus and Icarus" Andrea Sacchi, c. 1599
"The Fall of Icarus," Henri Matisse, 1943
"Landscape with the Fall of Icarus," Brugel, Pieter the Elder c. 1558