Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Hydropower: The Pros and cons
Transcript of Hydropower: The Pros and cons
The definition of Hydropower is- generating electricity by conversion of the energy of running water to electricity.
Hydroelectric power provides almost 1/5 of the worlds electricity.
More than 70% of the electricity made in Washington State is produced by Hydroelectric facilites.
Hydropower is the cheapest way to generate electricity today
Hydropower may destroy or disrupt wildlife such as fish.
Can cause low dissolved oxygen levels in the water, which is harmful to river habitats.
Hydropower is the cheapest way to generate electricity.
-water is free once the dam is built
- it is a clean fuel source
-people can control how much water is used.
-most practical way to use this is where there is fast flowing water