Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Fastener
•UNF Unified National Fine
•UNS Unified National Special Screw Threads and Fasteners Thread Terminology CLASSES OF THREAD FITS METRIC THREADS M10 X 1.5-6g THREAD FASTENER IDENTIFICATION A bolt is an externally threaded fastener that is inserted through holes in an assembly and tightened with a nut Fastener Basics TURN OF THE SCREW Angle of Thread
Number of Threads
Lead ¼-20-UNC ¼-28-UNF 1/4" Major Diameter 28 Threads
per Inch 20 Threads
per Inch Unified thread fits are classified as lA, 2A, 3A ... or 1B, 2B, 3B A indicates an external thread B indicates an internal thread The numbers indicate the class of fit The tighter the fit the closer the tolerance of the sizes of the thread... and the more expensive to purchase 1/4-20 UNC 2A Thread form Thread fit A screw is an externally threaded fastener that is inserted into a threaded hole and is tightened by turning the head Is this a screw or a bolt?
Depends on how it is used.