Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Public Health Records and Vital Statistics
Transcript of Public Health Records and Vital Statistics
an infectious disease transmissible (as from person to person) by direct contact with an affected individual or the individual's discharges or by indirect means (as by a vector)
Some Communicable Diseases
Duty to Report
ARC (AIDS-related complexes)
Signs of Abuse
1. Repeated injuries
2. Bruises such as blackened eyes
3. Unexplained fractures
4. Bite Marks
5. Swelling, bruising, and pain in the genital area
6. Signs of inadequate nutrition
7. Venereal disease
Gathering evidence in cases of abuse
1. Photo of bruises and other signs of abuse
2. Female child's urine specimen
4. Body fluids
5. Foreign objects such as bullets, hair, and nail clippings
Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act of 1974
Enforce the report of all child abuse cases.
Public Duties of Healthcare Professional
Minor Signs and Symptoms
is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.