Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Silk Road Presentation
Transcript of Silk Road Presentation
- 680 miles of dry, flat land
- Covered with shrubs and water
- Grass for camels to eat
- Travelers followed Wei River for 250-300 miles
- 200 miles on the foothills of the Nan Shan (Southern Mountains) Rate of Travel 880 miles from Chang'an to Dunhuang
200 miles of mountains (3 miles per hour)
680 miles of flatlands (4 miles per hour)
200/3= 66 2/3 hours = about 6 2/3 days
680/4= 170 hours = about 42.5 days
about 49.2 days from Chang'an to Dunhuang Sightseeing - Mogao Grottoes
- Great Wall of China
- Echoing Sound Mountain
- Crescent Lake Dangers - Lack of food and water
- Varied temperatures (hot days, cold nights)
- Wild animals
- Rolling boulders
- Vicious sandstorms Requirements for a Good Leader - Respected by others
- Ability to communicate with others (speak the language)
- Have experience traveling across different terrains (finding food/water/shelter)
- Someone who can provide care for the livestock (camels, mules)
- Management skills (supplies, money)
- Good sense of direction (know the route well)
- Someone who can react well to sticky situations (bandits)