Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Mini Lesson Introduction & Conclusions 3rd Grade
Transcript of Mini Lesson Introduction & Conclusions 3rd Grade
Structure of an introduction
Writing Successful Introductions and Conclusions
- A brief, relevant background information and/or other contextualizing material
- An essay map
- A thesis statement
- Your point of view
- Begin with a hook (interesting fact, question, or
description of your topic)
- Continue to support your topic with quick details.
- Tell the reader what you will be teaching them.
What should an Introduction do?
Your introduction should:
- HOOK a reader’s interest
- Act as a MAP to its reader
- SHOW the main idea of your writing
- Give one or two examples of the topic you are going to write about.
- Give unusual or colorful details
- Begin with a fact or a quote about your topic.
- Begin with a question (which can be answered in the essay's conclusion)
How to make your introduction interesting
What should a conclusion do?
- It must pull together or SUM UP all of the parts of your writing.
- Conclusions should REMIND the reader what your topic or main idea was.
- It should NEVER tell any new information.
- This is your final statement about this topic, so this will be the part your readers MOSTLY REMEMBER.
The Content of a conclusion
Structure of a conclusion
- Re-state your main idea or topic from your introduction.
- Identify main reasons/causes/factors of your topic.
- Include transition words such as: To sum things up, Overall, or In conclusion.
- If you are writing your opinion, tell readers what might happen if they do not support it.
A Bad Introduction...
A Good Introduction...
Why is saving water important? Here are some ways that saving water is important.
Did you know that kids can make a very important difference in saving the earth’s water? They can! Lots of people waste gallons of water a day. Some people don’t even have 2 to 5 gallons of water a day. We need water to drink, wash clothes, bath, and much more. But first off, why do we even need to save water?
A Bad Conclusion...
A Good Conclusion...
Now you know how important it is to help save water. I hope you liked my writing.
Now you know how important it is to help save water. Small actions like closing the faucet while you brush your teeth, or even taking shorter showers will help conserve water. Start doing your part to change our world!