Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Tikkun Olam Unit
Transcript of Tikkun Olam Unit
Rabbis Employ Tikkun Olam in order to Change an Existing Torah Law
Rabbis develop the term Tikkun Olam = Sake of Public Interest/Social Order
Tikkun Olam Leads to Systemic Change
Allowing loans to be made even though the Torah
requires loans to be canceled during the sabbatical
year (every 7 years).
Status of Slaves
They used to be enacted with little respect for the woman.
Rabban Gamliel changes this for the sake of Tikkun haOlam
When is it a good idea to pay for abducted individuals
and when does it do more harm than good?
writs of Divorce - Get
The rabbis deal with a situation when
someone has paid off part of his debt as
a slave. Can he be a half-indentured servant?