Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of AndersonVille Prison
cemetery Nearly 13000
men died in the
prison The first prisoners in the AndersonVille prison were taken in Feb. 1864.The prison was held in Andersonville Georgia.
November 1863 Confederate Captain W.S. winder was sent to Sumtner country, in south-central Georgia to asses the potetial building of the prison , for captured union soldiers. Union Army soldier on his
release from Andersonville
in May , 1865 This is the place where the dead soldiers would go.
The place is called Charnel house, it was normally built by a
Definition: a "charnel house" is a
vault or building where human skeletal remains are stored. They are often built near churches for depositing bones that are unearthed while digging graves. The term can also be used more generally as a description of a place filled with death and destruction.
This is a charnel house --------------------------------->