Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Archetypes - Hero's Journey
Transcript of Archetypes - Hero's Journey
Crossing of Threshold
Call to Adventure
Achieving the Goal
Archetypes - The Hero's Journey
Often begins with a refusal of the call
Often the aid of a mentor sets the hero on his or her quest
An initial trial causes the hero to leave the safe, known world for the world of adventure.
Physical, mental and emotional tests challenge the hero
Hero seriously considers abandoning his or her journey.
Hero meets with a mentor,
goddess, or true love
who helps him or her
refocus on his quest.
Hero often does not want to return home
Hero has a final escape and must
cross the threshold back to the known world.
Hero is able to give his or her home renewed
freedom from fear and a love of life.
Once the hero has completed the journey, another archetypal journey can begin. For batman, consider the bat signal as another Call to Adventure that initiates the cycle once again.