Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Canada, 1929-1945
major step towards Canadian Sovereignty 1933 - The Depression hits its lowest point 30% of Canada's workforce is out of work
one fifth of the population is dependent on
government aid 10 September 1939 - Canada declares war on Germany Canadian soldiers departing for Germany 1942 - August 19, Disaster at Dieppe 3367 Canadians killed, injured or captured Fallen Canadians at Dieppe 1943 - 10 July, Canada invades Sicily with other allied troops Canadian troops fighting in Sicily, Canadians fought and liberated
Sicily and mainland Italy between 1943-44 1944 - Canada takes part in the D-Day invasion, fighting and capturing Juno Beach Canadians had 359 dead, 574 wounded, and 47 captured soldiers 1945 - May 8th VE day Germany surrenders, ending the war in Europe 1945 - 15 August, VJ day, Japan surrenders putting an end to WWII THE END