Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of implementing blended learning
Transcript of Copy of implementing blended learning
Step 1: Prepare
A blended Christian high school
represents a paradigm shift where
the student's skills and interests
become the center of the school.
CSIonline Academy is developing a sustainable, flexible, lower-cost model
- Student development, discipleship, stewardship, and service
- Exceed minimum high school graduation requirements
- Align with knowledge, skills, and competencies for the 21st century
Three Components of
A Blended High School
Online Instruction: 40-60%
CSIonline Academy provides online courses and teachers
Bulk of student's work will be done outside of school building
Classroom Instruction: 30-50%
Your school will provide learning spaces, certified teachers,
mentors, and learning coaches.
Incorporate project-based inquiry learning into classes
Help students develop a Personal Learning Plan
Community Learning: 10-30%
Blended schools take advantage of community assets
Develop key skills and fluencies for the 21st century
Step 2: Plan
Online learning allows Common Core standards
to be interwoven into the curriculum
Your program relies on clearly defined student outcomes
Great goals are attainable, specific, and measurable
Online environment provides a unique student experience:
- Personal Learning Plan
- Engaging methods
- Relevant information
- Personal pacing
- Regular progress reports
- Engagement with peers and mentors
- Assistance as needed
- Rigorous challenges and opportunities
Flexible Student Schedules
The "learning seminar" will help prepare students for the "learning commons" part of their day.
Collaborative Work Time
School teaching faculty will be available for learning facilitation, support, and advising.
Take place in rooms equipped for group work.
Group Online Instruction
"Learning lab" for an entire group of students progressing on the same content at the same time.
Supervised by non-teaching faculty.
Personal Online Electives
"a la carte learning" may extend to after- school hours.
- Working with local authors and artists
- Community-based physical education
- Participation on local sporting teams
- Private music lessons
- Fitness training
Step 3: Execute
Find a Leader
A leader is key in providing support
Serve as the primary contact between the school and CSIonline Academy
Ensure that all phases of the startup plan are handled appropriately and
in a timely fashion
Lead the strategic conversation
CSIonline Academy is prepared to
assist in explaining blended learning.
We can offer a short presentation
and a demonstration of our courses
It is important to involve your stakeholders
Get the support of current teachers
Step 4: What's Next?