Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Child Abuse
List of Contacts and How They Can Help
Call for Action
Statistics and Data
-children who experience child abuse and neglect are 9 times more likely to become involved in criminal activity later in life. This means that kids who are abused are more likely too become criminals.
-A report of child abuse is reported every ten seconds.
- More then 4 children die every day as a result of child abuse.
- Neglection was the most common form of child abuse in 2011. Neglect means the state or fact of being uncared for.
Child abuse is an ongoing problem in the US and all around the world. Most people are not aware of it but “By learning about common signs of abuse and what you can do to intervene, you can make a huge difference in a child’s life.” It is almost impossible to totally solve this problem, because of how large the numbers are.
Child abuse happens everyday around the world, about 12 out of every 1,000 children up to age 18 in the United States were found to be victims of maltreatment in 2005. 3.3 million referrals of child abuse or neglect were received by public social service or CPS agencies. People should care about this cause, because it’s breaking a human rights violation. #5. No torture, Nobody has the right to hurt us or torture us.
Bumps in the road
- Child abuse is a world wide problem & its almost impossible to completely get rid of.
- Organizations never responded
- We didn't work on the project for a few months, causing us to lose focus
Sources & References
C.A.P.A - Child Abuse Prevention Association:www.childabuseprevention.org/
Tennyson Center for children: www.childabuse.org/
Child Help: www.childhelp.org/
-The estimated annual cost of child abuse and neglect in the United States for 2008 is $124
Getting the word around about our cause is hard to do if you don't get responses or help from other organizations. We have emailed sources and gotten responses saying that most of the United states are aware of the issue and find it serious but are not sure how to solve it
- People who are abusing children
- No responses from organizations cause us to be unsuccessful because there isn't much we can do without the help of others.
Our problem is child abuse. It affects many kids worldwide. It breaks human right article number 5, no torture. We all live in this is world together and helping others is the right thing to do.
When we sent letters out we were hoping to receive items that could raise awareness through the school.
Our ideal solution is just to help the cause, clearly this is such a large cause it is unstoppable, but we can help raise awareness. Our main goal is to help out with whatever we can.
We did not receive anything that we expected but we got an email with helpful information. Ms.