Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Fun Gymanstics
1. Men's gymnastics events are, floor, pommel horse, still rings, vault, parallel bars, and high bar.
2. All Greek cities had a gymnasium since gymnastics originated in Greece.
3. The first women's olympic competition was held in 1928, the Amsterdam Games.
4. The international Gymnastics Hall of Fame is located in Oklahoma City.
5. Most female gymnasts are their best between the ages of 14-18.
by: Jackie Murdoch
Gymnastics originated in Greece.
Gymnastics began in the early 1800's.
Gymnastics is competed all around the world.
The equipment you need to do gymnastics is a balance beam, vaulting table, vault runway, gymnastics floor, a set of uneven bars, and a leotard.
The goal of this sport is to get the highest score(10.0) on all of the events and win the meet.
The score that you get when your event scores are combined is called the all around score.
Another goal is to try to help your team win the meet by getting a good score because when they give out team awards they add all the girls on the team all around scores together to create one big score. You have to have 2 or more people to even be considered a team. If you have only 1 person on the team, you can still compete but you don't have a chance of getting a team award. Usually the team with the most girls wins the team award because they have more gymnasts scores to add up.
The goal of this sport, in olympic competition, is to try to score the highest score (20.0) on all the events (floor, vault, beam, and bars.) Another goal is to make it to the next meet by getting a good score.
Some vocabulary that gymnasts use when there
practicing are, dance acro, turns, leaps, tumbling,
In the floor exercise if the gymnast steps out of the
floor exercise area she will get points taken off her score.