Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Kehinde Wiley
Los Angeles native and New York based visual artist, Kehinde Wiley has firmly situated himself within art history’s portrait painting tradition. Wiley engages the signs and visual rhetoric of the heroic, powerful, majestic and the sublime in his representation of urban, black and brown men found throughout the world.
His heroic paintings evoke a modern style instilling a unique and contemporary manner, awakening complex issues that many would prefer remain mute.
La Roi A La Chasse II
2007 108in x 108in
2012 96in x 72in
Matar Mbaye II
2008 26in x 22in
132in x 300in
It is taking ideas from others and making
them your own.
When is it okay to borrow from other artists?
Where can we find inspiration?
We always want to remember to make our art our own