Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Zentangle Leaf
What is Zentangle?
A Zentangle is an abstract drawing created by the use of repeating patterns. It is usually structured within a certain shape. Drawing a Zentangle is entertaining, relaxing, and a great way to express yourself creatively.
Elements and Principles of art review
What Elements do you see in Zentangle?
Making a Zentangle
1. STRING Start with a string. A string is generally a random line drawn in pencil which creates an area within which you draw your tangles.
Zentangle Leaf Rubric
/10 Thumbnail pattern sheet contains at least 5 practice patterns
/30 At least 6 different patterns were used on leaf Zentangle
/25 At least 5 different colors were used on leaf Zentangle
/10 Good use of class time to develop idea and create
/25 Craftsmanship/skillful use of tools and media-Drawing is neat and clean, patterns colored completely(no scribbling), cutting is neat and maintains a black border, paper is neat- not rumpled folded and bent.
-5 name, class period, day not listed on art work
Design and Create!
2. TANGLE In its verb form “tangle” means to draw a tangle. You tangle a tangle, and in that process create Zentangle art. In its noun form this word is used as a replacement for “pattern.”
Line variety is very
important in this project.
1. Practice at least 5 thumbnail patterns (These don't have to be used in the final piece)
2. Draw your leaf string in pencil
3. Start your tangles in ultra fine sharpie
4. No eraser- Turn a mistake into a design!
Final product example
Grade 6 VA CR2.1.6 Demonstrate openness for trying new ideas, materials, methods and approaches when making works of art and design
Grade 5 VA Cr2.1.5 Experiment and develop skills in multiple art-making techniques and approaches through practice.