Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Friday, September 11th, 2015
Transcript of Friday, September 11th, 2015
"Life is not so much about beginnings and endings as it is about going on and on and on. It is about muddling through the middle."
1. Check your poem using the checklist and the rubric.
2. Check your poem using spellcheck.
3. Make it more beautiful. Add imagery and descriptive language.
4. Print it, in color, but don't go pick it up. We will send a single emissary at the end of our time.
Article of the Week
We will now complete our article of the week and turn it in.
We are going to work on section four today, the last question.
This question asks you to write a well-formed paragraph, including evidence from the article. Your paragraph should explain what action you believe should be taken in the event that a fruit shipment arrives in the US infected with spiders.
Greek and Latin Roots
Today, we will write sentences using each of this week's root words.
You may change the form of the word (present-> past tense; adjective-> adverb) but must use the word correctly.
We will be taking a quiz on the words on Wednesday, September 16th. This will be great practice for the quiz.
Music Video Friday!
Yaay! It's our first Music Video Friday!
Here's how to proceed.
1. Let's read the lyrics, as if they were a poem, stanza by stanza. We will pause to share our thoughts about the song's overall meaning.
2. Write a statement about the song's overall meaning and select two pieces of evidence (lines from the lyrics) to support that statement. Explain how the evidence supports the claim.
3. Watch the video. Make a claim about how well the video matched your statement about the song's meaning. Choose visual evidence to support that claim.
4. Share an opinion about the video.
1. Copy the quote and author completely.
2. Respond to the quote meaningfully.
3. Choose an adjective to describe the week.
Pantropical hunstman spiders