Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Equal Exhange
Equal Exchange's mission is to build long-term trade partnerships that are economically just and environmentally sound, to foster mutually beneficial relationships between farmers and consumers
Equal Exchange Sales Growth
Equal Exchange's US Sales by State, 2010
Founded in 1986, it is the oldest and largest Fair Trade coffee company in the United States
What does a SWOT analysis reveal about Equal Exchange’s ability to seize
market opportunities and nullify external threats?
Discussion Question 1
what if food could be traded in a way that is honest and fair, a way that empowers both farmers and consumers?
A simple idea:
Chocolate & Cocoa
Other Fair Foods
The Coffee Chain
What options does Equal Exchange have?
Porter Five Forces Model
Key Elements of Equal Exchange's Strategy
- Buy direct form from cooperatives,
- Pay a fair price for the coffee,
- Educating consumers on fair trade
- Promote sustainable farming and promote the financial well being of the coops by buying beans at time of harvest and offering advance credits to make cash accessible at a low cost