Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Water Rescue Operations
Transcript of Water Rescue Operations
Recovery Operations take place when a victim(s) has been under water for more than 60 minutes and the primary goal is to recover the victim or property. These operations should only take place when risk to firefighters are low. For the purpose of emergency response, a water rescue is defined as any incident that involves the removal of victim(s) from any body of water. This includes canals, rivers, lakes or any body of water, whether still or moving. Water Rescue Operations Fire Service Let's start from the beginning... What's the definition of a water rescue? Rescue vs. Recovery personnel + Interesting Fact:
Drowning is the #2 accidental cause of death for people under 44 years of age Interesting Fact:
More than half of the world's population enters a body of water each year search patterns & line signals The minimum number of Those roles consist of: Get familiar with:
2. Semicircular / Sweep Search Pattern personnel for a water rescue is 3. Primary Swimmer Secondary Swimmer Line Tender 1. Linear / Parallel Search Pattern Real life water rescue incidents Questions?: Pool time for demonstrations and to see what you have learned Means of communication between line tender and swimmer LINE SIGNALS