Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Code Communications Welcome Weekend
Transcript of Code Communications Welcome Weekend
Group Activity Lovers
PUSH STRATEGY: £6,523
PULL STRATEGY: £83,275
PROFILE STRATEGY: £10,000
5th in UK for Business Trips
UK's 5th Largest City
England's Greenest City
Marketing Communications Objectives
We are Code Communications, a communications agency company offering a new and exciting event designed to attract tourism to the city of Sheffield.
CONTROL, EVALUATION & CONTINGENCIES
Power Interest Matrix, Mendelow
Used during the event to check on progress
Verbal feedback throughout the event
The aim is to CREATE consumer demand for the treasure hunt in Sheffield by using promotion
Create links with local, independent shops and chain hotels to gain sponsorship and discounts for the consumer
Our aim is to carry out a treasure hunt and beer festival on 14th - 16th August in and around the Sheffield area. This will help emphasise the cultural attractions and local independent businesses Sheffield has to offer.
- Minimise expenditure of budget spent on prizes by gaining 85% main prizes from local businesses eight weeks before event takes place.
- To breakeven on our overall budget through ticket sales alone one week prior to event, to reduce risk.
- Increase occupancy rates at local Hotels by aiming to have 50% four weeks prior to event with eventual figures being 80% of participants using these facilities.
- Attract 7,500 pre-event ticket sales to customers outside Sheffield, to minimise local participation, one week before event.
- To improve Sheffield from 14th to the top 10 in the table of best UK cities to visit within a year of 1st event.
- Increase public awareness by gaining 20,000 followers on Twitter, 40,000 Likes on Facebook, two weeks before event.
- Increase awareness of local Breweries by having 90% of the drinks at the Beer Festival on offer provided by local Brewers and 75% with confirmed pitch space four weeks prior to the event.
Details of Events
Visit Sheffield's best Locations
Treasure Hunt across the city
Hundreds of prizes to be won
Beer Festival/Family Evening
Hotel's situated in and around the city suiting both a rural and city break
Wide range of bars, shops and other businesses situated around the city
Using promotion to BUILD customer demand for the treasure hunt. This is done using various strategies in both personal selling and pricing
Penetration Pricing Strategy
Social Media advertising
Face-to-face personal selling
Celebrity endorsements are designed to attract attention from potential customers
Michael Palin - Outdoors adventure
Al Murray - Beer festival
2 large universities
Voted best value city breaks
Wide range of age groups.
Encouraged by multi-buy offers.
Variety of activity desired.
Pickton & Broderick 2005
Willing to travel long distances.
Want to try new products/experiences.
Want unique experiences.
Events away from where they are based.
Limited free time during the week.
Twitter, Facebook and Website
Interaction with Hotels
Adapted from Williams (2006)
Physical evidence at the end of the event
Amount of tickets eventually sold
Monitor social media pages
Hotel room sales in Sheffield within the year following the event
Cheapest UK city break
5th cheapest university city
'Best place to get a pint of real ale anywhere in the world'
14th best UK city to visit