Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
organization communication leadership and management
Transcript of organization communication leadership and management
Middle-level Management- Executory
Low-level Management- Supervisory / Operative / First-line managers Management is the process of dealing with or controlling things or people (Oxford Dictionary)
* As a manager one is to set policies and procedures, and they are to make sure that the tasks get done.
Some features of management:
- Clear and effective communication
- Able to deal with crisis Democratic management
Paternalistic Management Planning Organizing
- Assignment of duties.Delegation of authority and creation of responsibility
- Coordinating authority and responsibility relationships Staffing
- Recruitment, selection & placement.
- Training & development. Directing - Supervision
- Communication Controlling - Establishment of standard performance.
- Measurement of actual performance. Leadership What's your definition? Leadership The ability and vision to strategically think and develop an organization. Differences Differences (per subject) Other Differences... – The manager administers; the leader innovates.
– The manager is a copy; the leader is an original.
– The manager maintains; the leader develops.
– The manager relies on control; the leader inspires trust.
– The manager asks how and when; the leader asks what and why. Essence
Excitement for work
What is right Stability
Money for work
Being right Subject Leader Manager Similarities There is a group of PEOPLE who share something in common (US)
There is a REALITY, a situation (We are HERE)
There is a VISION, a goal (We want to be There)
There is a GAP between the reality and the vision (Let's go from here to THERE)
There is a PATH (HOW do we get from here to there?)
There is a higher PURPOSE (WHY is it important for us to get there?) Can You Think of Other Similarities? -Being in charge of people
- Good communication
... ? ... Manager Leader Elements of Leadership - Moral and ethical
- one's character
- descriptive purpose
- imaginative but realistic
- be the example Styles/types of leadership:
- Charismatic (Ghandi)
- strong self image
- create change/encourager
- Business, Politics, Social
- stern The components above allow one to be a clear, effective and efficient leader; whether of individuals or within an organization. -Interpersonal connection/skills
- relate to others
- Goal orientated
- reach success
- Communication skills
- easily/clearly conveying ideas