Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
organization communication leadership and management
Transcript of organization communication leadership and management
Middle-level Management- Executory
Low-level Management- Supervisory / Operative / First-line managers Management is the process of dealing with or controlling things or people (Oxford Dictionary)
* As a manager one is to set policies and procedures, and they are to make sure that the tasks get done.
Some features of management:
- Clear and effective communication
- Able to deal with crisis Democratic management
Paternalistic Management Planning Organizing
- Assignment of duties.Delegation of authority and creation of responsibility
- Coordinating authority and responsibility relationships Staffing
- Recruitment, selection & placement.
- Training & development. Directing - Supervision
- Communication Controlling - Establishment of standard performance.
- Measurement of actual performance. Leadership What's your definition? Leadership The ability and vision to strategically think and develop an organization. Differences Differences (per subject) Other Differences... – The manager administers; the leader innovates.
– The manager is a copy; the leader is an original.
– The manager maintains; the leader develops.
– The manager relies on control; the leader inspires trust.
– The manager asks how and when; the leader asks what and why. Essence
Excitement for work
What is right Stability
Money for work
Being right Subject Leader Manager Similarities There is a group of PEOPLE who share something in common (US)
There is a REALITY, a situation (We are HERE)
There is a VISION, a goal (We want to be There)
There is a GAP between the reality and the vision (Let's go from here to THERE)
There is a PATH (HOW do we get from here to there?)
There is a higher PURPOSE (WHY is it important for us to get there?) Can You Think of Other Similarities? -Being in charge of people
- Good communication
... ? ... Manager Leader Elements of Leadership - Moral and ethical
- one's character
- descriptive purpose
- imaginative but realistic
- be the example Styles/types of leadership:
- Charismatic (Ghandi)
- strong self image
- create change/encourager
- Business, Politics, Social
- stern The components above allow one to be a clear, effective and efficient leader; whether of individuals or within an organization. -Interpersonal connection/skills
- relate to others
- Goal orientated
- reach success
- Communication skills
- easily/clearly conveying ideas