Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Case Study 4
Transcript of Case Study 4
EDUC 641 Taia was in the "lay over" program, spending an extra
year in Jr. high. She applied her self and not only passed
to go to high school, but that she is gifted.
Taia doesn't want anyone to know. The school will
expect more. Her mom will expect her to go further.
Her dad wants her to work full time in the shop and
thinks an 8th grade education is enough. Working for
the family is her only option and an education wont
help her do there. -the parents will get the test results
-considerations of home life
-she does not have to take advanced classes
-she does want to finish high school
What is our responsibility?
-to fallow a student's wishes
-to help them achieve
What would be the benefits of
high school vs. college? Should Mr. Quiock speak to Taia's parents?
Should Mr. Quiock discuss Taia's education options
-advanced vs. normal classes
-benefits of high school diploma vs. college EDUCATION CODE
Outlines parents' rights and ways to support their student's education as well as the mutual respectfully relationship between parents and educators.