Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
ROSIE-rating observation scale for inspiring environments
Transcript of ROSIE-rating observation scale for inspiring environments
Helps to evaluate the environment in a new perspective
There are three stages:
This is the beginner stage, where you start to understand the basic principles of making an environment attractive
In this stage you are becoming more aware and skilled, and the environment continues to grow
This is the higher level, where you have reached your fullest potential
There are 7 principles
1) You begin with the first principle
2) Read across the three levels of indicator 1 and determine which stage best reflects (sprouting, budding or blooming)
3) Your goal is to reach the next stage of growth
4) Once you know your stage of growth, circle the number that reflects your level on the ROSIE observation scoring guide
5) Continue with the remaining principles
* The Atelierista will be doing 3 formal reviews throughout the year and monthly reviews to be celebrated in the ROSIE awards.
There are 7 Principles of Design
While setting up your classrooms this week
It is recommended to use it every time you set up new environments in the room, ie: dramatic play, science center, provocations...
It is suggested to visit it once a week
Where and When to use?
It focuses only on the indoor environment and not on the outdoor
It can be bias since it depends on self examination
It doesn't look at the interaction or atmosphere of the room
How does it support quality?
Use the ROSIE to inspire you in the creation of your space
We have a unique opportunity this year to start over and have full creation rights
It is important to look at your environment with fresh eyes and a questioning stance. It is in this way that you are able to keep a dynamic and lived space that continues to engage your students and offers multiple opportunities for problem solving with your children. It is with this in mind that you are asked to remain open to the possibilities inherent within a space and seek to open possibilities for your students, permitting them engagement in ways we as adults might not imagine
How can it be used?
Most quality rating scales identify essential elements for the early childhood classroom, but do not address the aesthetic concepts of the environment such as color, focal point, texture, exhibits, lighting, displays, and the use of space
Using ROSIE we are provoked to evaluate our environment and find ways to inspire children's positive learning and creativity.
If they are in a place where they are comfortable and happy then they will want to learn.
Gives the reader steps to implement ideas that incorporate nature, children's artwork, and everyday classroom materials
Promotes creativity, learning, and simple beauty displayed in the illustrations
Easy ideas to set up the environment
Thank you for your time!
Have fun creating!
let's do a quick practice!
Using the paper in front of you read the first indicator and evaluate this room
Is it in the sprouting, budding or blooming stage?
Then, go to the scoring page and circle the number you think the environment best represents
After doing each indicator total your score
Principle 6: elements heighten ambiance
Nature inspires beauty
Seven principles of design