Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Yaacov Agam and the Agamograph
Transcript of Yaacov Agam and the Agamograph
About Yaacov Agam
One of the pioneers of kinetic art movement
Born in 1928 in Israel
Studied at the Bezalel Academy of Art in Jerusalem and in Switzerland.
First person to hold a one-man show exclusively devoted to kinetic art.
He's passionate about the experimentation of dealing with the 4th Dimension (time).
This means the viewer is no longer looking at a fixed frame, but rather they become part of the artistic space.... Forced to shift their bodies to change the perspective of the piece(s).
This led to his invention of the Agamograph.
In the Center Pompidou, Paris, France
SO.... How does this relate to the term JUXTAPOSITION?
Furthermore... How are we going to utilize this style of work?
1) Choose two images that "juxtapose"
2) Create the images
3) Cut images into strips and attach to our pre-constructed bases.
4) Move piece or self to witness the visual experience