Loading presentation...

Present Remotely

Send the link below via email or IM

Copy

Present to your audience

Start remote presentation

  • Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
  • People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
  • This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
  • A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
  • Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article

Do you really want to delete this prezi?

Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.

DeleteCancel

GRA Art & Photography Studios

No description
by

Ellen Lundgren

on 19 April 2010

Comments (0)

Please log in to add your comment.

Report abuse

Transcript of GRA Art & Photography Studios

Grand Rapids Area
Art & Photography Studios Ellen Lundgren I need a studio. Working out of my home is making my life cluttered. I'm graduating soon and need a new studio to work in. I can't afford studio lighting equipment. I can't find a place to develop my own prints. I need a creative community around me. Vision Mission Mantra In the next 5-8 years, find a warehouse space to renovate or a lot to build a local and regional studio and collaboration space for fine artists and photographers, providing affordable work and meeting spaces and supply rental. Giving you affordable project-based studio and collaboration space. Community Creativity Painting studios
Computer labs
Conference/Craft Rooms
Photo lighting studios
Film darkrooms Features & Benefits Darkroom chemicals
Large-format laser printers
Studio lighting equipment
Artist software
Drying rooms
Ceramic kilns Rent on a project-by-project basis
Affordable for "part-time" artists
Formal setting to meet with clients
Takes your artwork clutter out of your home
Provides use of expensive equipment UICA
Live-in studio lofts
University Studios
Good weather (for those plein-air artists) Competition Age 18-35, single or married
Low to middle incomes (from $50,000 and under)
In the Grand Rapids city and surrounding areas
Lifestyle: Creative, young, and socially, politically, economically, and environmentally conscious.

I hope that through aiming to a younger market, I can gain a loyal user base, and have lifelong patrons. Target Market Market Research Next Steps Questions? Suggestions? Top Statistics from Survey: Most surveyed were in college or had a 4-year college degree.
60% were within 15min of downtown Grand Rapids.

46% were unemployed or only had a part-time job.
16% worked from home or freelanced.
Most participants made less than $20,000 annually.

Of those who had a studio space, 38% were at home while 24% were at school.

79% of participants said they would work more on their art/photography if they had affordable studio space. Most people currently spent only a few days a month working four or more hours a day on their art or photography.

80% said they would work more on their art/photography if they had a creative community surrounding them, 20% said they would work the same amount, NO one said it would make them work less.

46% lacked equipment because of expense, while 53% said they didn’t lack any equipment.

Digital Photographers made up 64% of those who participated. The other 36% was split between Digital Art, Film Photography, Other, Painting, and Illustration/Drawing in that order. Get business loans to finance.

Get empty warehouse/factory building in a Renaissance zone.

Start buzz in the community with social networking accounts as free marketing. Harris Studios? Is this the future... Solution? Grand Rapids Area Fine Artist & Photographer Studios
Full transcript