Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Impact of Agile Quantified
Transcript of Impact of Agile Quantified
Stable teams result in up to
60% better Productivity
40% better Predictability
60% better Responsiveness
Small teams (of 1-3 people) have
Worse Predictability and Quality
But Better Productivity
Larger teams seem to perform OK
The Most Obvious Finding
The Most Dramatic Finding
"Lightweight Scrum" performs best overall
But teams doing Full Scrum have the best Quality
(From the Matrix)
This is your last chance. There is no turning back. You take the blue pill, the story ends. You believe what ever you want to believe.... Remember, all I'm offering is the truth, nothing more.
Teams that aggressively control WiP:
cut time in process in half
have 1/4 as many defects
But if taken too far,
Productivity can be 34% lower
"I only offer the truth."
Progression of human reaction to evidence that goes against our bias
1. The finding must be wrong or not
nuanced enough. I can ignore it.
2. The presenter must have an agenda.
I should call BS.
3. Maybe I should question my bias.
There are no best practices. Only good practices in context.
Correlation does not always mean causation.
Leave now if you are not
prepared to have your
beliefs challenged with
The 7 deadly sins of agile measurement
1. Using metrics as levers to change someone else’s behavior
3. Believing metrics can replace thinking
4. Too costly metrics
5. Using a convenient metric
6. Using bad analysis
7. Forecasting without discussing probability
"What gets measured
Lord Kelvin, "…when
you cannot express it in numbers, your knowledge is of a meagre and unsatisfactory
A fact without a theory
is like a ship without a sail,
is like a boat without a rudder,
is like a kite without a tail.
A fact without a figure
is a tragic final act.
But one thing worse
in this universe
is a theory without a fact.
"Not everything that counts can be counted." ~Albert Einstein
"Not everything that can be counted, counts." ~Albert Einstein
THE IMPACT OF AGILE
Try it yourself but remember... it's alpha.
Come back every week. We're moving very fast!
Survey of 55 additional variables => From 5 to 60 findings.
Want to see a sneak peak?
From 5 to 120 metrics
3 additional dimensions: 1) Customer satisfaction, 2) Employee engagement, 3) "Build the right thing" metric
Full regression predictive model
Improvement recommendation engine