Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
"Castells", the Catalan human towers.
Transcript of "Castells", the Catalan human towers.
The castells started more than 200 years ago in Catalonia.
What is a "castell"?
A "castell" (which means "castle" in Catalan) is a human tower built traditionally in festivals at many locations within Catalonia.
as the pine cone, they have to stick together to make the "castell" stronger!
the trunk is the most visible part of the "castell" can be many levels high.
"El pom de dalt":
The last three levels are assembled by the youngest of the group.
are dressed with:
the "colla" ´s
a black sash
every team has its own colour
As the "castle" grows,
the band plays
the "Toc de castells".
Their instruments are:
Since last year, the Catalan Human Towers (Castells) are one of UNESCO'sIntangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity.
spirit of self-improvement
Maybe it's time to see them in action!
Hope you've enjoyed it! See you soon!
Do you want to know more about them?