Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Inherited Traits vs. Learned Behaviors
Transcript of Inherited Traits vs. Learned Behaviors
A learned behavior is something you are able to do because someone taught you how to do it. For example, knowing how to ride a bike or knowing how to play football is a learned behavior.
What are some behaviors you have learned in the past?
How are they different??
Which is the inherited trait and which is the learned behavior?
Learned behaviors are usually helpful!
Most of the behaviors that people learn in their lifetime are beneficial. Behaviors such as brushing your teeth and taking daily vitamins help you live a healthier life!
Learned Behaviors are not always helpful...
Many kids today are learning behaviors such as playing video games or eating unhealthy that are not benefiting them. Learned behaviors can also be bad habits that are sometimes hard to kick!
An inherited trait (instinct) is something an organism is born with and cannot learn or teach to their offspring.
A learned behavior is learned or taught to offspring to better their life. Organisms are not born knowing these behaviors.
Which is which??
1. Riding a bike and blinking your eyes
2. Reading a book and yawning
3. Hibernating during winter and watching TV