Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in the manual
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Word Choice---Intermediate Writing
Sumei Wuon 22 July 2013
Transcript of Word Choice---Intermediate Writing
Using a picture book to teach word choice
A WORD BANK:
Select a picture book.
Cast a vote for the best word!
Write with Masar, our Intermediate:
Masar is at the
with an oral tone, high-frequency vocabulary.
Art class was over, but Vasti
sat glued to
her chair. Her paper was empty.
Cover a verb with a sticky note and provide a word bank for Masar to select the best one.
looked at; saw; touched; leaned over
Vasti's teacher the blank
Focus on the use of word choice.
avoid assessment based upon language errors. (ELPS)
To help Masar improve his word choice in writing, ELPS recommends the teacher to...
adapted writing tasks with scaffolding;