Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Fur Seals
Fur Seals - Habitat
Fur seals live in Antarctica and sub antarctic waters.
Fur Seals - Diet
Fur seals mainly feed on krill, but they will also eat fish and squid. They usually feed at night at depths of 30 - 40m but they have been known to dive as deep as 250m.
Antarctic Fur Seals have a gestation period of 12 months, which includes a period of delayed implantation, and they give birth to a single pup. They reach maturity at 3 - 4 years old.
Killer Whales are predators of Antarctic Fur Seals and leopard seals will prey upon their pups.
Fur Seals have no Subspecies.
Antarctic fur seals are also known as: Kerguelen Fur Seal.
Female Antarctica Fur Seal weigh as much as 200 pounds and males are 460 pounds.
They have external ears which is noticeable because most of the species of seals don't.
Weight:25 - 210 kgs
Distinguishing features:Females are usually lighter in the chest
Thank You For Watching
Made by Jaydon.