Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Neville Brody
-Famous for his record covers, magazine art direction and typography
Why is Neville Brody important ?
Who is Neville Brody ?
"People think that digital language is a fixed language, but it’s not: it’s very fluid. It’s like I’m doing a painting."
The Face and Arena Magazine Covers – Designed throughout the late 80s
Cabaret Voltaire Record Cover – Designed in 1984
The face magazine "Bounce" (1988)
-A brand strategy for Nike
The contents spread from The Face (1982 May edition)
Inside spread from The Face (1982 May edition)
-Launched by Neville Brody and Jon Wozencroft
Insignia: Hip, Cutting-Edge Sans with an Attitude
-Designed as a headline face for Arena magazine in 1986, and released as a font by Linotype in 1989
Industria: Multi-Purpose, Killer Condensed Sans
-First designed for a magazine called The Face, Industria was released as a font by Linotype GmbH in 1989
Arcadia: Art Deco Styling
-Used for the banner in Arena magazine in 1986, and released as a font by Linotype GmbH in 1990
FF Blur Typeface
– Designed in 1992
“I see my role,” he says. “Partly as a catalyst for thought and for questioning. A lot of our work is an open-ended statement which often is not completed until the person who looks at it has reached his or her own conclusion.”
“Digital design is like painting, except the paint never dries. It is like a clay sculpture that is always being twisted into new shapes without ever being fired.”
"Design is more than just a few tricks to the eye.
It’s a few tricks to the brain."
"Typography is a hidden tool of manipulation within society."
- Attended College at the London College Of Printing
- Was inspired greatly by early 80s Punk movement
- Founder of Research Studios and Fontworks
- Contributor to FUSE
- Changed the way graphic designers approached the medium
- Created many modern and experimental typefaces
- Pioneered the use of digital methods ex. the computer