Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Kingdom of Axum
Transcript of The Kingdom of Axum
Cattle, sheep and camels
Wheat, Barley and Teff
Cities with monumental architecture
Possibly a tank for making wine
While I burnt their towns and my people seized their
and their bronze and their dried meat,
And the images in their temples and destroy the stocks of
The Ezana stone, 325 A.D.
written in Ge'ez
The Kingdom of Axum:
An ancient agrarian civilization in Africa
The natural environment, agriculture and husbandry
Bowl with a pair of oxen
Pre-Axumit dam in Qohaito
Ruins in Axum
Pre-christian era gold coin
circa 330 A.D.
King Joel silver coin
6th Century A.D.
Job Specialization and social structure
Kings, priests, artisans, merchants, slaves...
Pottery, ivory and glass
With the Roman Empire and South Arabia
Imports: silk, spices, copper...
Exports: slaves, hides, apes...
How developed was it?
Conversion to Christianity in the 4th Century AD