Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Why were Reservations in America?
Transcript of Why were Reservations in America?
What was their goal?
Has it been successful?
Why was the reservation set up in America?
Today, the Spokane Indian Reservation is approximately 159,000 acres in size. Tribal membership as of April 2011 is 2708, strong and growing.
As in the past, national resources are protected by the Spokane Indians
Due to western settlers the Spokane indians were pushed out. In January of 1881, President Rutherford B. Hayes, by executive order, formally declared the Spokane Indian Reservation the new and smaller home of the Spokane Indians