Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Network
Google is currently the most used search engine. It has one of the largest databases of Web pages, including many other types of web documents (blog posts, wiki pages, group discussion threads and document formats (e.g., PDFs, Word or Excel documents, PowerPoints). Despite the presence of all these formats, Google's popularity ranking often places worthwhile pages near the top of search results.
Google alone is not always sufficient, however. Not everything on the Web is fully searchable in Google. Overlap studies show that more than 80% of the pages in a major search engine's database exist only in that database. For this reason, getting a "second opinion" can be worth your time. For this purpose, we recommend Yahoo! Search or Exalead. We do not recommend using meta-search engines as your primary search tool.
A search engine is a software that allow us to search for the site which based on the words which we command in the search term.
How does internet work?
1. Every computer are connected to internet is part of network.
2. Computer use Protocol to communicate from one to another place to exchange messages and emails.
3. Every computer use same Protocol.
4. Protocol have unique code which expressed in decimal format called dotted decimal numbers.
1. Networks connect together in many difference ways to form the single entity that we know as the Internet.
2. The network are connected with electric cables.
3. The internet connection made with telephone lines.
4. The computers are connected to each other.
5. Computer are connected to each other are able to talk to each other all over the world called internet.
Search engines look through their own databases of information in order to find what it is that you are looking for.
How does Search Engine work?
Search engine databases are selected and built by computer robot programs called spiders. These "crawl" the web, finding pages for potential inclusion by following the links in the pages they already have in their database. They cannot use imagination or enter terms in search boxes that they find on the web.
If a web page is never linked from any other page, search engine spiders cannot find it. The only way a brand new page can get into a search engine is for other pages to link to it, or for a human to submit its URL for inclusion. All major search engines offer ways to do this.
After spiders find pages, they pass them on to another computer program for "indexing." This program identifies the text, links, and other content in the page and stores it in the search engine database's files so that the database can be searched by keyword and whatever more advanced approaches are offered, and the page will be found if your search matches its content.
Tyson, Jeff. "How Internet Infrastructure Works" 03 April 2001. HowStuffWorks.com. <http://computer.howstuffworks.com/internet/basics/internet-infrastructure.htm> 02 January 2014.
Franklin, Curt. "How Internet Search Engines Work" 27 September 2000. HowStuffWorks.com. <http://computer.howstuffworks.com/internet/basics/search-engine.htm> 13 December 2013.
1. What is Internet and how does Internet work?
2. What is Search Engine and how does Search Engine work?
3. The Best Search Engine
4. Information Quickly.
The Internet provides a vast source of information. Whatever you need to find can be at your fingertips in seconds when you know how to search online. Here's how to navigate your way through the tens of millions of websites.
1. Use the tools that are readily available. Creditable search engines are the best way to search the Internet.
2. Search engines can handle searching for multiple key words in any given order.
3. Check your search engine of choice for a search tips webpage. This will help you find even more shortcuts specific to that engine.
4. Limit your search with a minus sign. Most engines will accept this. For example, "scales-kitchen."
5. Know when to try again. If the first 10 to 20 responses do not give the information, you need then try a new set of keywords in your search.
6. Check the different types of Internet website addresses. For example, if you are searching for a professional website, look for an indicator that a search result may be a personal page, such as the ~ symbol within the web address, or the address ending in "dot net" (.net)
1. Computer are connected to each other are able to talk to each other all over the world called internet.
2. A search engine is a software that allow us to search for the site which based on the words which we command in the search term.
Example : Google, Yahoo, Ask.com
3. Google is currently the most used search engine.
THank you for watching!! :)