Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Teaching CALL ELAC
Transcript of Teaching CALL ELAC
- WHEN did TCC become important?
- WHO are implied?
- WHY to teach CC?
- HOW to teach CC?
- WHICH tools we can use? WHAT?
Culture through CALL
Intercultural Communicative Competence (ICC)
Social learning Do you think a language is associated with one nation? Do you think virtual communities develop their own cultures? "Cultural understanding can only be acquired through residence abroad"
What do you think about this quote? WHEN?
Vigotsky - Sociocultural approach
Past decade - Online interaction HOW?
Three broad types of activities:
- Access and produce
- Communicate and collaborate
- Bridge Initially TCC was approached using multimedia CD-roms or video technologies. Learners could acquire knowledge about cultural products and practices. Before:
"anyone with Internet access can now publish their thoughts, works and texts online". WHICH tools?
Teachers should bring the culture as close ans as authentically as possible to students in the classroom. Telecollaboration:
Involve language learners in geographically distant locations engaging in bilingual, bicultural exchanges. CONCLUSION
Main goal: To help students become intercultural communicators. "Let students go"
- Bring cultural products to class.
- Analyze them.
- Send them back into the web. WHO?
- Native speakers WHY?
The U.S. government.
"promote intercultural dialogues"
The modern Language association
"To understand people and their communities
- For having effective communication
- Tolerance and respect Risks
"...We are exposing to our students to risks that do not exist in the protected environment of the classroom" Assessment:
- Self-evaluation DEVELOPING INTERCULTURAL COMPETENCE THROUGH CALL Demonstration http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francophonie Allez sur: WORKSHOP