Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Practicing Self-Care Presentation
Transcript of Practicing Self-Care Presentation
Having a Job
Trying Something New
“Mindfulness is simply being aware of what is happening right now without wishing it were different; enjoying the pleasant without holding on when it changes (which it will); being with the unpleasant without fearing it will always be this way (which it won’t).”- James Baraz
"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.”
- Tom Wargo
1) Be concise
2) Use "I" statements (i.e. "I will ____")
3) Be as specific as possible (i.e. "I will ___ on ___ at ___.") Stress Anxiety Overwhelmed Burnout Compassion Fatigue: Absorbing the emotional pain when constantly working with people exposed to trauma. Also known as Secondary Traumatic Stress [STS] or Vicarious Trauma [VT].
This can result in feelings of being overwhelmed, helpless, hopeless, and can alter feelings
and beliefs about the world and self-worth. Aromatherapy Lavender is used to treat insomnia,
migraines, and help with
stress relief. Rosemary is used to help relieve various muscle pains and to lower blood pressure. Lemon, grapefruit, and lime can be used as a mental stimulant, and help depression. Spearmint is used to help digestion, ease nausea, and prevent vomiting. What to Do: Go to bed at the same time each night
Shut off all electronic devices 30 minutes before sleep
Have a wind-down routine
Get as much light as possible when waking up
Have a wake up routine What Not to Do: Drink coffee or alcohol 2-3 hours before bed
Exercise before bed
Eat sugary or spicy foods
Use electronic devices in bed
Do homework in bed Don't be like the white rabbit! Keep your phone on vibrate/silent when doing work Find someplace quiet and comfortable Stay away from social media sites Set reminders Keep a planner When To Practice
Self-Care 1) Be realistic to your own schedule
2) Start small and work your way up
3) Think consistency
5) Can be short-term and long-term Keep a Record Make Checklists Recognize Achievements What works? What doesn't? Why? Emily Olson
BACCHUS Network Presentation
March 9, 2013