Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Social Justice
As you walk into the room, grab a marker and on the large post-it's around the room do the following:
List 3 things you think everyone needs/should have in order for Social Justice to be achieved.
Defining Social Justice
Basics of Social Democracy
Current semester at BMCC
Why do you think it's important to talk about Social Justice?
Who's in the room?
Why is solidarity important?
We must learn to live together as brothers or we are going to perish together as fools.-- Martin Luther King, Jr
There are no problems we cannot solve together, and very few that we can solve alone.—Lyndon Baines Johnson
The people united will never be defeated.— Cesar Chavez
“We need more light about each other. Light creates understanding, understanding creates love,
love creates patience, and patience creates unity.”
― Malcolm X
Solidarity Social Movements
Solidarity leads us to work as a collective and develop Social Movements.
Examples of Social Movements???
1. Read the lyrics and watch the video for the song (video address is provided).
2. As a group identify the Social Justice issue the video is discussing.
3.Do some research and answer the following:
What is the topic discussing?
Why is it considered a Social Justice issue?
Who is affected by the issue?
Have we as a society addressed this issue? Have laws been passed for or against the issue?
How would you get your peers to get involved and address this Social Justice issue?
What is the latest thing that has occurred regarding this issue?