Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Calamity Jane
* Calamity Jane gained an admirable reputation as a horsewoman and sharpshooter.
* Jane participated in scouting missions for the army and the Indian campaign of 1873.
* She also had a reputation of drinking, wearing male clothing, cussing, chewing tobacco, etc.
* Jane appeared in multiple wild west shows, including the Buffalo Bill West Show around the country featuring her skills.
* A numerous amount of films and books were produced about the life of Calamity Jane.
* It is said that Jane helped nurse many Deadwood residents back to health during the smallpox epidemic in 1878.
How Did Figure Become Known?
Where Did Figure Roam?
Martha Jane Cannary
Princeton, Missouri - 1852
Terry, South Dakota - 1901
Martha Jane Cannary earned her nickname (Calamity Jane) during the Indian campaign in 1873. Several versions of the story are told.
Much of Calamity Jane's life is concealed in tall tales.
"I figure if a girl wants to be a legend, she should just go ahead and be one."
~ Calamity Jane
(DATED) Wild Bill Hickok, (MARRIED) Clinton Burke
Native American people, Jack McCall
George A. Custer, Captain Egan, George Crook, Nelson Miles,
The famous person who best suits my Westerner, Calamity Jane is Will Ferrell.
Both Will and Calamity are:
* Obnoxious * Manly
* Social * Unconventional
* Able to pull * Performers off a cowboy hat